Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The_Dash_Ireland
The_Dash_Ireland
Admin

Mortal Kombat Games Ranked Empty Mortal Kombat Games Ranked

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:00 pm
11. Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

We don't speak of this atrocity.

10. Mortal Kombat 4

While this one had two good new characters, Shinnok and Quan Chi, the rest of the new characters were garbage. Plus voice acting, character designs, and the graphics were just awful.

9. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Sure, every kombatant ever has become playable is a nice concept, but it really drags down in MKA as character designs and movesets suffer a lot. The graphics are bad based on our current standards, and the unique fatalities characters had are gone. In addition, the story was not at all good. Not all the characters were used, voice acting was bad, and the ending was garbage in my opinion.

8. Mortal Kombat: Deception

While the story and main protagonist is quite awful, MKD helped spawn some cool costume redesigns for the characters we loved in this game. Plus Mortal Kombat chess mini-game and the design of Onaga weren't too bad. Unfortunately, the voice acting in Konquest was the cringiest of all time.

7. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

Deadly Alliance was a good game as we saw a new era of Mortal Kombat. While blood was cheesy, we saw some great redesigns of characters like Jax, Sonya, Cyrax, Sub-Zero, and Shang Tsung. We even saw some cool new characters like Frost. Unfortunately, there were some really atrocious new characters like Movado, Hsu Hao, and Nitara.

6. Mortal Kombat 9

The "Franchise-Saving Reboot" as Smosh Games put it in their honest trailer. This game helped bring back Mortal Kombat after the death of Midway. The story puts a new twist on the original story of games 1-3 with shocking consequences of Raiden screwing with the timeline. We saw so many of our favorite characters return with some decent costume designs. While my best friend says that this game was a bit cartoon-ish, I think that was intended from Netherrealm Studios.

5. Mortal Kombat X

MKX was one of my favorites. While it has to peddle off of MK4, we did see some really great character additions (not you Ferra/Torr and Kung Jin), and the story was pretty damn good. The use of the variations system and better graphics really makes the game quite the experience. In addition, those revenant costumes are amazing, I love them.

4. Mortal Kombat 3

Mortal Kombat 3 is another one of my favorites as it was one of the first MK games I ever played. In addition, it has 2 of my all-time favorite characters: Kabal and Cyrax. While MK3 is not considered the best in the original trilogy, that doesn't defeat it from being a great game.

3. Mortal Kombat

The game that started it all. It spawned the ESRB and brought out the gory side of people who love playing games with copious amounts of blood. Why do I not place it at the top? I'll explain in the top 2 of this little article.

2. Mortal Kombat II

Mortal Kombat II is second-best as it spawned so many fan-favorite characters like Baraka and Shao Kahn. Shao Kahn is one of the most popular video game villains as his appearance and demeanor are just so iconic.

1. Mortal Kombat 11

The graphics? Absolutely amazing. The character redesigns? Awesome. New characters? Better than MKX. Why is this above all the others? Not just what I just said, but also because the plot of the game has serious potential to change everything we know about the Mortal Kombat lore. It may be premature as we only have a couple weeks before it releases, but I swear to God, never have I seen a game look so amazing. I also really love how much I love the new designs of my boi Kabal and many of the returning characters like Sub-Zero.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum