Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The_Dash_Ireland
The_Dash_Ireland
Admin

My Hero Academia's 10 Coolest Characters Empty My Hero Academia's 10 Coolest Characters

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:37 pm
Before I get started, this is NOT a ranking of characters based on their coolness. This article shows who I believe are the characters with really interesting quirks.

1. Stain

In season 2, we are introduced to Stain, a villain with the quirk where he tastes your blood will incapacitate you. In extreme cases, Stain's use of his quirk can cause coma, and even death. You're lucky to get away from Stain with a broken arm like Ida did. Stain was notorious as being the hero killer. Deku also noted how one should exercise caution facing Stain since he is quick with his blade and obtain blood quite easily. Stain's quirk and terrifying on-screen character quickly made him a fan-favorite that fans love to hate.

2. Shoto Todoroki

Let's be honest, Todoroki is the coolest character of the anime. His backstory is unfortunately tragic, but it also gives his character something that gives him drive. His hybrid powers of ice and fire are pretty damn cool, and effective. This makes him an opponent that can't lose unless he overuses one side more than the other. He's also used in fan comics all across tumblr and the internet that are either funny, or just plain weird. An example of the hilarity reiterates Todoroki's belief that Deku may be All Might's secret love child (despite the dramatic irony of this all).

3. Fumikage Tokoyami

Tokoyami is also a deep favorite of mine as dark shadow is a quirk that you don't want to mess. At night, the quirk gets super out of control because of more darkness. I mean same, Tokoyami, same. If you see for yourself, you would agree that Tokoyami and his dark shadow makes him one of the coolest characters of My Hero Academia.

4. Kyoka Jiro

I don't know how the others in Broad Culture feel about this, but Jiro is definitely cool to me. While she does not have a whole lot of range with her quirk, it's still a seat quirk. With the fact I'm a bit of a rocker and a metalhead, I love the punk-ish nature of Kyoka with her earphone jack quirk. This quirk allows headphone jacks that are her earlobes to extend to a variable size, and any place she plugs them into, she can send intense sound waves through the medium causing destruction. Her hero suit design is also really cool.

5. Hitoshi Shinso

Introduced at the start of season 2 at the UA sports festival, Shinso didn't look like much at first. However, he quickly made people realize not to mess with him. His quirk requires an emotional response from someone which then allows him to take control of his opponent's mind. This was quite effective during the cavalry battle in round 2 when he manipulated people like Bakugo (if I remember correctly. If it wasn't Bakugo, then it may have been Monoma from 1-B). The fact his quirk is powerful yet also makes him enigmatic put him on this list.

6. Shota Aizawa

Aizawa is my favorite teacher at UA for a variety of reasons. The first reason I find Aizawa so cool is that he is stark and blunt in what he says. While he may seem cold or unorthodox in his methods, they prove to be effective (this can be seen in the episode where Deku must learn to control his new power so that he doesn't completely injure himself when throwing a baseball). The other main reason that Aizawa is cool is because of his erasure quirk. His quirk allows him to temporarily remove the quirks of others. The only downsides to this is that he can't blink, and you can see when his hair goes up and down to indicate blinking. Nonetheless, Aizawa is still a pretty cool pro-hero featured regularly in MHA. Plus the tape used to help fight crime is pretty cool.

7. Katsuki Bakugo

Bakugo is just really cool in so many rights. While he does have his anger issues, Bakugo's quirk is not straight fire manipulation. Instead, the quirk is that he secretes nitroglycerin-like sweat that he can then ignite to make combustions that are truly effective in battle. Bakugo knows his quirk so well that he incorporated into his his custom suit containers that can store his sweat which he can later use for a very powerful explosion (this is seen in the season 1 episode where All Might takes the young heroes into the model town for a heroes vs villains team scenario).

8. Denki Kaminari

Jon refers to me as Kaminari because he has a 'touch of the tism' (this is a running joke among those of us in the channel). Jon has basically figured out who each one of us would be from My Hero Academia. This, as well as his electrical quirk with a side of stupid, is what makes Kaminari cool.

9. Ochaco Uraraka

Uraraka has definitely been cool due to her gravity manipulation quirk. She proved that it's not a sidekick or defensive-type quirk as she had an intense with Bakugo at the UA sports festival. Although she lost the battle, she still showed everyone that she has what it takes to fight villains and be a big pro-hero one day.

10. Momo Yaoyorozu

I like Momo because she's more science-based, and I'm someone involved with science, just like Hal (except Hal is the scientist of the channel). Although her quirk takes up time, she's definitely the resourceful type with the ability to make certain materials given that she knows their chemical structure. She proved her quirk useful when villains led by One For All's protege' attacked the environment simulation location they went to near the end of season 1 (I don't remember the exact name of the place, but if you are watching or have watched the anime, you'll know what I'm taking about). However, her quirk has yet to be refined for skilled combat as one of the first times we see her in solo combat is at the UA sports festival where she was quickly eliminated by Tokoyami.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum