Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The_Dash_Ireland
The_Dash_Ireland
Admin

Every Quentin Tarantino Movie Ranked Empty Every Quentin Tarantino Movie Ranked

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:02 pm
While Once Upon a Time in Hollywood still has yet to come out, I can still rank the movies we've come to love from my favorite film director: Quentin Tarantino.

9. Reservoir Dogs

A film about a band of criminals who were supposed to have a routine robbery....but it all goes wrong as police knew what they were doing. So, in this movie that takes place mostly in a building they're using to hide, the men must figure out who ratted on their operation. It is a great film, not gonna lie, but it doesn't pale to how much better Tarantino's films got.

8. Jackie Brown

A movie based on a book with a little switcheroo at the end, what is there not to love? This movie was pretty good, not my favorite, but you can't not love Robert DeNiro's snarky role in this movie that makes his character so enjoyable.

7. Kill Bill Vol. 2

While Kill Bill is one of the most iconic works from Tarantino, I think Vol. 2 just wasn't as good as its predecessor. It does have a nice touch to finishing the story, but some of it just felt a little off.

6. Kill Bill Vol. 1

Vol. 1 has the better fate for the iconic costume of [REDACTED] (Beatrix Kiddo), and there's such great development to the story. Uma Thurman's performance is just top notch from start to end. What I mostly love is her fight scenes with Crazy 88's. O-Ren Ishii, and my personal favorite: GoGo, the deadly assassin. That part of the story with Hatori Hanzo is also really good.

5. The Hateful Eight

A classic whodunnit film all taking place within the same location. It's the star-studded film featuring Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russel, Walton Goggins, Channing Tatum, Jennifer Jason-Leigh, and many others. While it is unfortunate that Kurt Russel accidently broke a real antique guitar, the performances are otherwise fantastic.

4. Death Proof

I love this movie for the cars: the classic Challenger and Charger used at the final act of the film. This movie also comes with some good music, a great antagonistic role from Kurt Russel, and the talents of stuntwoman Zoe Bell.

3. Pulp Fiction

Everyone knows Pulp Fiction, known for one of Samuel L. Jackson's most iconic performances, an iconic little arc showing the interaction between John Travolta and Uma Thurman's characters, and a soundtrack like no other. While the storyline looks so out of the place, that's the point of the film and why it is so great.

2. Django Unchained

One of my personal favorites with some great folk music and a great revenge story. Tarantino's best stories come out of vengeance plots. What makes this movie so great is that not only do Christoph Waltz and Jamie Foxx do a terrific job, but Leonardo DiCaprio's dedication to his role is spectacular. Not only his his antagonistic role really terrifying and sadistic, it's also what happens in one scene that adds to what makes this movie so iconic. Remember the scene where Calvin Candy cuts his hand on broken glass? That was real, DiCaprio really did cut his hand. Instead of cutting the take to get medical attention, he and Tarantino went on with filming and the result was something truly great.

1. Inglorious Basterds

If there's one thing I really love about Tarantino movies, it's his use of violence and gore. It's mainly that scene with Donowitz when he destroys one of the nazi SS soldiers with a baseball bat. Not only is it a story about a group of Jewish soldiers and deadly troops led by a so-called Apache soldier, it's also an amazing revenge arc that brings everything full circle. It is wise to mention that this story takes place in an alternate universe where Donowitz and one of Aldo's men actually kill Hitler in a theater, and then blow themselves up in the theater which then kills the remaining nazis (in addition to Shoshanna burning down her building). Plus that brutal scene where Aldo carves the swastika into Cristoph Waltz's character's head as a sign of shame shows how all-out Tarantino goes for story and character development. Inglorious Basterds comes to take the cake for best Tarantino flick for its amazing cast, a terrific storyline, great character portrayals, and the gore.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum