Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The_Dash_Ireland
The_Dash_Ireland
Admin

WWE Money in the Bank 2019 Graded Empty WWE Money in the Bank 2019 Graded

Mon May 20, 2019 1:16 pm
Kickoff: SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
Daniel Bryan and Erick Rowan (c) vs. The Usos
Result: The Usos win
Grade: C+
Thoughts: I thought it was dumb when the Usos pulled a promo calling Bryan and Rowan 'Spongebob and Patrick." To be honest, this match was slow moving and must be why it wasn't main card. By the way, where the heck were the RAW tag titles? They get no respect. Anyways, the Usos did surprise me by winning. Usually the pattern is that WWE keeps a title on a superstar for at least a PPV or two. However, a surprise is good which makes this match get a C+. I thought both teams could have done better and put in much more effort because this match seemed forgettable, I almost didn't care; had it been faster paced and had more action, I could've given a better grade.

Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Natalya vs. Dana Brooke vs. Naomi vs. Bayley vs. Mandy Rose vs. Ember Moon vs. Carmella vs. Nikki Cross
Result: Bayley wins
Grade: B-
Thoughts: I gotta say, upon first look I would find Niiki Cross a bit silly, but she's pretty entertaining to watch. Smart move trapping her opponents in the ring apron and beating on them to quickly grab a ladder. Natalya and Naomi don't disappoint in this match with their abilities on display here. Ember Moon, my personal favorite in this match, is brutal and she's a smart competitor. I wish WWE could do more for Ember Moon. The other competitors, they had some moments but they didn't shine as much as Natalya, Naomi, Ember, and Nikki. On one note, I'm glad Dana has been back to being a competitor again for while considering her stint in the Titus Brand was a gimmick and storyline that I did not like at all throughout 2018. She doesn't get many opportunities from Vince and that's a shame in my opinion considering Dana has huge potential. Aside from good moments, there were utterly silly moments like Dana swinging from the chain that the was holding the briefcase, Carmella limping back to the ring with a kayfabed knee injury, and Sonya DeVille trying to pull a WrestleMania 21 like Christian did (except Christian won). In the end, Bayley got the better and you know what, I'm content with this choice. She deserves it considering her partner walked out on the company after WrestleMania.

US Championship Match
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio
Result: Rey Mysterio wins US Title
Grade: B
Thoughts: I thought this would be another slow or boring match, but I quickly got surprised as Samoe Joe was bleeding and Rey Mysterious pulled a quick won and easily pinned Joe. It's no easy feat to defeat Joe, but Mysterio was always an underdog. However, they were never going to dispose of the powerful heel that quickly. He quickly came back to break up Rey and Dominic's celebration lap. Perhaps we're gonna see Dominic start his in-ring career at WWE soon? We've already seen him training at Storm Wrestling Academy. Other than that, I hope this storyline doesn't go on any longer because it is a little tiring.

Steel Cage Match
The Miz vs. Shane McMahon
Result: Shane McMahon wins
Grade: B
Thoughts: You know, I really have enjoyed this feud as it has brought out a new side of the Miz and showcases what more he could do. I hope that WWE can make more feuds like this one because watching Miz and Shane McMahon try to murder each other is super entertaining. While I am tired of steel cages being used, at least it's another stipulation match for these 2 feuding foes who have their own agenda. This match had some good pacing and Shane's work as a heel has proven to be a good based on how he acts throughout the match trying to escape the cage without putting up much of a fight. Bonus points to the crowd for chanting "THIS IS AWESOME!" I really also like Miz as a babyface, it really works for him this time around and it's been something nice for 2019. All that stuff with the ring ropes made no sense, it's the same thing as what Brock Lesnar did at Hell in a Cell 2018. That's bound to dock points on this review as it is illogical and makes zero sense. The final, not a fan of it. It was a recycled ending reminiscent of how Shane won at Mania. maybe this will fuel Miz going on to make better of himself. Otherwise, that ending was just silly.

Cruiserweight Championship Match
Tony Nese (c) vs. Ariya Daivari
Result: Tony Nese retains
Grade:C
Thoughts: Props to WWE for finally putting the cruiserwight match on the main card; my only problem with that is it feels out of place for this PPV. Cruiserweights put on some good matches, but the Cruiserweights are also not what they used to be. It's been rough for this division considering they haven't had Neville, Austin Aries, or Enzo for the longest time. If these 3 would've stayed, the Cruiserweights would be given much better attention and matches in my opinion. Yeah, Triple H runs the division now, but Vince and much of the WWE Universe seem to show little interest. I would like to see more done, I really do because Cruiserweights can put on a show. Getting back on track, this match was decent. It surely wasn't the best considering the CruiserWeights do a lot more than what you mostly see in this match. Side note, that hammerlock is a brutal move.

RAW Women's Championship Match
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans
Result: Becky Lynch retains
Grade: B-
Thoughts: My Lord, what are they even doing with Lacey Evans? Like, she was enjoyable and a force to be reckoned with on NXT, but I really am not a fan of the Sassy Southern Belle gimmick. It just doesn't work with me. We all knew Lacey wasn't gonna win because they needed someone new to take on Becky and get jobbed out. Obviously since Lacey hasn't been on the main roster long enough and hasn't had the time to develop a campaign to get herself a championship title. Still, Becky takes her feuds like a champ and she really solidified herself as one of the biggest names of WWE today as 'The Man.' Overall, I could never get behind Lacey Evans getting a title opportunity this soon. I was hoping she'd be put in a feud with Charlotte to build herself up. The closest we got to that was when she and Charlotte floored Becky on last week's episode of RAW. In the end, Becky put Lacey in the DisarmHer to counter Lacey's roll-up for the win.

SmackDown Women's Championship Match
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte
Result: Charlotte wins
Grade: C
Thoughts: Ok, I love the opportunistic side of Charlotte as she took the best advantage to try and get her match with Becky immediately. Becky and Charlotte put up a good fight and they're both championship-worthy. However, I really think there's fatigue with making Charlotte time and time again, like they did with Alexa Bliss. While I saw Lacey Evans causing interference from a mile away, I still want to express my discontent with Charlotte being champion again. Don't get me wrong, she puts on great matches, but I think they should put someone new in the title scene that deserves it.......like Ember Moon.

MITB Cash-In on SmackDown Women's Championship
Bayley vs. Charlotte (c)
Result: Bayley wins
Grade: A
Thoughts: You know what, this saved the whole deal with Charlotte. I kept saying holy crap to myself and the crowd was eating this up. It was a more-than-welcome surprise and I appreciate Bayley being champion again. It's also a nice little callback to 2017. Hopefully this time they get Bayley's championship run done right. Bayley is on the mend and not only does this booking decision save the SmackDown women's division, but it also saves Bayley herself.

Roman Reigns vs. Elias
Result: Roman Reigns wins
Grade: C-
Thoughts: Elias thought he had it in the bag pulling off dirty heel tricks, but you know that Vince wouldn't let his golden boy Roman Reigns go through a forfeit. He didn't lose here. It was a quick squash win and Elias basically replaces Curt Hawkins as the weekly jobber.

WWE Universal Championship Match
AJ Styles vs. Seth Rollins (c)
Result: Seth Rollins retains
Grade: A
Thoughts: A match filled with ambition between two of the best performers that WWE has to offer. This certainly had all the elements for a good match. While it is a dream match, it served mainly to give SEth Rollins a worthy adversary to feud with and pass the time while they try to think of someone who could dethrone Rollins sometime in the future. WWE obviously wouldn't take the title off Rollins just yet considering he's one of the main draws and you can't take a title off the biggest performer of the company today. The crowd seemed to enjoy the match like I did as it showed just how far the two could go, hit after hit, finisher after finisher, to try and obtain victory. Bonus points to the crowd for all the times they chanted "BURN IT DOWN!" and "THIS IS AWESOME!" Surely a match filled with excitement.

Lars Sullivan vs. Lucha House Party
Result: Lars Sullivan wins
Grade: D
Thoughts: I saw literally no point in this squash bit at all, whatsoever. Only reason it's not an F is because Lars's head was bleeding like crazy.

WWE Championship Match
Kevin Owens vs. Kofi Kingston (c)
Result: Kofi Kingston retains
Grade: A-
Thoughts: Kofi Kingston's agility and Kevin Owen's maneuverability make for a good match that showcase Kevin's abilities as a fast moving technical fighter and Kofi's abilities that show him as the worthy champion and just how quickly he can dodge hits from Kevin Owen's. While not as on par as Rollins vs. Styles, it's still a personal match that has a good feud. I'm glad to see Kevin back in a world championship feud considering Kevin had been in the same slump as Bayley was for the past year or so. Still, it was a good match between two great performers. It was the right choice to keep the title with Kofi as he deserves it and he is a great performer. Fortunately for us fans, this is likely not the last we have seen of Kevin Owens' feud with The New Day.

Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Baron Corbin vs. Mustafa Ali vs. Finn Balor vs. Andrade Cien Almas vs. Randy Orton
Result: Brock Lesnar wins
Grade: F
Thoughts: You know what, I was hoping this would be a great match, but everything got ruined when Brock Lesnar came in to ruin everything like he usually does.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum