Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jon Reed
Admin

The XFL: What We Know So Far (April 2019) Empty The XFL: What We Know So Far (April 2019)

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:09 am
The revival of Vince McMahon's XFL is set to launch in the year 2020, which is less than a year away. After a failed launch in 2001, Vince is trying to correct a wrong to his name, which makes you think when he will revive the World Body Building Federation, anyways, Vince wants to prove his critics wrong, and make a successful Pro Football league. This is what we know so far about XFL 2020.

Locations:
In the West Division we have 4 locations, we have a Club in Seattle, Los Angelos, Dallas, and Houston. In the East Division, we have New York, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, and in Washington D.C. I feel that these locations are okay location, I would choose Richmond, Virginia as a location, but if we ever get to the point where they can expand, we could see clubs in Virginia. Anyways, As I give details on location I will also give what I think the mascot/representative be.

Dallas:
The Dallas Club will be held in Arlington Texas, inside the Globe Life Park, which has a capacity of 25,000. They have a head coach in Bob Stoops. In terms of a mascot could be an owl, more specifically Lechuza. Because there is an Urban Legend in the Dallas area, where the Lechuza that has the connection to the devil, it could be a nice allude to Dallas's own lore. So watch out for the Dallas Owls.

Houston:
The Houston Club is in Houston, Texas, inside the TDECU Stadium, which has a capacity of 40,000. At the moment the Houston Club has yet to announce the Head Coach of the Club. In terms of the mascot, I would like to see them use the Boar as their mascot. Even tho they are invasive, they are everywhere in Texas, and it would be a nod to the fact that the XFL is an Invasive Football League trying to overtake the NFL.

Seattle:
In The Seattle Club, it is in Seattle, Texas, inside the CenturyLink Field, with a capacity of 69,000. They have a head Coach of Jim Zorn. In terms of a mascot, I would like to see them be the Seattle Redwoods. For two reasons, Giant Redwoods are in Washington State so it would make sense to have a team representing the Longest Living tree, and some would say stable, to show that the XFL intend to stay for a while. The other reason is the NFL's Seattle Seahawks colors are Blue and Green, the Seattle Club colors could be Redish palette, to contradicts that of the Seahawks.

Los Angelos:
The Los Angelos Club is located in Carson, California in the Dignity Health Sports Park, with a capacity of 27,000. No Head Coach has been decided yet. In terms of mascot, I feel like LA should be the LA Celestials. Since they are in Los ANGELOS, ANGELS, CELESTIALS. No brainer. But I believe once they get to the point that they can expand, the should incorprate Las Vegas and they should be the LV Devils/Demon/Hell Hounds, and the LA Club and the LV Club could be the first big rivalry in the XFL.

Washington D.C.:
The D.C. Club is located in Washington D.C. in the Audi Field which can hold up to 20,000 people. They have announced their head coach in Pep Hamilton. In terms of the mascot, I could see D.C. be the Commandos, or somethings to do with soldiers.

St. Louis:
The St. Louis Club is located in St, Louis, Missouri in The Dome at America's Center which can hold approximately 66,965. In terms of mascot, I would want them to be St. Louis Vipers for a nod to The Viper Randy Orton and Vince's WWE Roots.

Tampa Bay:
The Tampa Bay Club is located in Tampa, Florida in the Raymond James Stadium which can hold approximately 65,618. They have a head coach in Marc Trestman. In terms of Mascot, I could see them doing something with the Conquistadors.

New York:
In the New York Club, located in East Rutherford, New Jersey in the MetLife Stadium, which can hold approximately 82,500. No Head Coach as of yet. In terms of mascot, I can see them being the New York Titans.

Rule Changes:
Fair catches will not be recognized, and the kicking team must give the returner five yards of space to recover and return the ball.

The extra point kick will be replaced with a scrimmage play, varying in point value depending on how far the touchdown-scoring team chooses to take the snap from the goal line: a two-yard attempt would score a single point, a five-yard attempt two points, and a fifteen-yard attempt three points.

Kickoffs will be attempted with teams separated by only five yards, with the two teams not allowed to cross the neutral zone until the returning team touches the ball.

All players behind the line of scrimmage will be eligible receivers, including those on the offensive line (eliminating the "illegal touching of a forward pass" penalty at other levels of the game).
           - Offensive linemen would still be prohibited from advancing downfield before a forward pass that crosses the line of scrimmage is in the air. The XFL has also tested the idea of
              allowing more than one forward pass to be thrown on any given play. (McMahon had proposed a similar rule change during the run of the original XFL, but the league's coaches
              rejected the proposal as too radical of a change to make midseason.)

The league is testing the wider one-yard neutral zone used by the CFL. (The NFL, college and high school standard is the length of the football, approximately 11 inches.)

A proposed rule would require offensive linemen (excluding the snapper) to not put their hand on the ground, outlawing the three-point stance used at all other levels of the game.

Outside of the two-minute drill, the clock will run continuously. (This rule has long been a part of arena football.)

The play clock will be substantially shorter, with a proposed length of between 25 and 30 seconds. (This rule is also a carryover from the original XFL, which used the 35-second play clock.)

A specialized ball judge will be added to the officiating team to speed up the placement of the ball, bringing the number of on-field officials to eight.
Instant replay reviews will be limited to 30 seconds

Players Pay:
The XFL will offer $7,500 which is more than the Canadian Football League (CFL) and more than the 2001 XFL which was $4,500. 45 players per teams is the goal, so that will mean overall there will be 360 players in total in the XFL.

Gambling/Fantasy Football:
Vince owns a minority stake in Draft Kings, and it is believe that the Fanstasy Football will take place on their. While Oliver Luck believes that most state will allow gambling by the 2020 launch, and wants to implement it to the company/

Broadcasting:
In Terms of Broadcasting, no deals has been made yet, but Vince McMahon is in talks with ABC/ESPN and Fox Sports to broadcast most of the games played.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum