Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The_Dash_Ireland
The_Dash_Ireland
Admin

Twice's Comeback with "Fancy" - First Thoughts Empty Twice's Comeback with "Fancy" - First Thoughts

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:29 pm
Twice made their comeback at 6pm KST, on April 22nd 2019 for their long awaited first single of 2019. When it comes to choreography, Twice takes a more mature turn showcasing just how versatile their talents are. Over the course of nearly 4 years since their debut in 2015, Twice has managed to evolve and go from child/teen-oriented music into something enjoyable for all ages. Ever since their breakout with "Cheer Up," the 9-member group has managed to keep a streak of hits, even winning song of the year 3 times in a row in South Korea.

I know what you're thinking, I'm a dude who's into kpop. I'm only into this group because of my cousin and I managed to get hooked on it. I'm still punk rock and metal to my roots though. Anyways, each member's abilities are equally showcased throughout the single and it works. The sound may not seem like much, but it manages to quickly captivate your ears. So, in order to really give my thoughts in a comprehensible way, I'm gonna go through what I've thought of each member's parts in "Fancy."

Nayeon: Nayeon has been the shining face for so long it's hard to imagine her not being able to do so well. The high notes she hits are not easy, but she manages to pull everything off.

Jeongyeon: I'm actually glad that Jeongyeon has been given more lines since she's one of the members who is the underdog. Yes or Yes was the start of Jeongyeon getting better talent representation. While What is Love? and Dance the Night Away didn't allow for much Jeongyeon time in 2018, 2019 is shaping up to really make Twice even bigger than they already are. In the music video, she shines with what she's given.

Momo: You can thank all the good choreography on Momo, the energy and her captivating vocals show that Momo is the visual powerhouse of Twice.

Sana: Sana manages to keep pulling off her signature cuteness while simultaneously pulling off intense maturity that Twice was looking to show for this comeback. I could tell her prechorus lines were not easy, but she's known to handle the job well if you ever listened to Yes or Yes.

Jihyo: She has managed to look more mature than she's ever been as leader of the 9-piece. It's common sense to know that Jihyo has really talented vocals so I can't emphasize it more without becoming a bore overemphasizing things.

Mina: Here's where I start to sound a little too harsh. When Mina first comes into the song, her vocals really don't fit with the vibe of the music. It would be great as a solo thing, but here I'm not quite feeling it. Don't get me wrong, Mina is talented. Her performance gets better as the song goes on.

Dahyun: Dahyun's rap is insane in this one and better showcased than Yes or Yes. It's the rap that gets stuck in your head way more than the jankamman in her rap for Likey.

Chaeyoung: Chaeyoung has her moments and does well with what she's given. There's nothing I would really say stands out, but she still does good for the song.

Tzuyu: I actually feel like Tzuyu could have gotten a little bit more, she really seems underrepresented in "Fancy." To me, she has some of the most mature vocals I've heard in this genre and I feel they should have had a little more time.

So there you have it, my thoughts on the Twice comeback.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum