Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The_Dash_Ireland
The_Dash_Ireland
Admin

Top 5 Music Biopics Empty Top 5 Music Biopics

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:33 am
5. Bohemian Rhapsody

While 2018's Bohemian Rhapsody Queen biopic was an explosive hit in late 2018 and won Rami Malek his very first Oscar, this movie still had some problems. Yes, it was enjoyable to hear all those classic songs that I grew up on again, there were many historical inconsistencies that you just can't ignore. Aside from that, the cast did a great job, and the Live Aid recreation was spot on.

4. Selena

I gotta be honest, I never got to finish the movie entirely, but I've seen most of it. While latin music is not my thing, the movie was still enjoyable and Jennifer Lopez did a good job of acting as Selena. I know the story, I've read up on it. Nonetheless, it's a good movie that I recommend people get a chance to watch it.

3. The Dirt

The Dirt came out recently and I thoroughly enjoyed the wild antics of Motley Crue represented on screen. All the critics wanted to pan it for the acting, storytelling, history, and R-rated antics. However, us fans got a kick out of watching some crazy stuff go down, like that scene at the pool with Ozzy Osbourne. For this one, I didn't really care about the acting, I was watching it for a good time, and a good time I had with my best friends. I really do think that Jeff Tremaine was the perfect fit for the job of bringing the autobiography to life. When you watch this movie and read up on Motley Crue, you realize Jackass got nothing on Crue.

2. The Doors

Ah The Doors, one of my all-time favorite classic rock bands. Val Kilmer did such a perfect representation of Jim Morrison that the remaining members of The Doors were shook. Val Kilmer not only looked like the late icon, he got the mannerisms down as well as the voice too. You just gotta watch out if you think you're gonna watch this movie with a family. Remember, this is The Doors and a whole lot of Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll. If you want one of those amazing music biopics to watch, then watch The Doors.

1. Walk the Line

Walk the Line is my favorite music biopic of all time due to the tremendous acting from Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix. Joaquin Phoenix was able to do the role so well as he and Johnny Cash shared some things in common, unfortunately. I grew up on some Johnny Cash and have a lot of folk influence. Plus, Johnny Cash was the only country music I ever really loved. Walk the Line has it all: great acting, emotional superpunch, a tremendous soundtrack, and a great storyline. This is why I find Walk the Line to be the best music biopic.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum