Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The_Dash_Ireland
The_Dash_Ireland
Admin

WrestleMania 35 Likely Match Results Empty WrestleMania 35 Likely Match Results

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:57 pm
Cruiserweight Title Match: Buddy Murphy (c) vs Tony Nese
Buddy Murphy has had a good run with the title, but Wrestlemania has been a place where kings get dethroned and faces finally win. While one would like to see Buddy Murphy continue his impressive run, I don't see him having the title until at least next PPV.
My pick: Tony Nese
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
The battle royal is usually one where the winner is someone who shows much potential and is popular. However, there's just one problem: this match has had a history of those winning not going anywhere afterwards. Cesaro has probably gone the farthest as he is in one of the more popular smackdown tag teams and beloved. Mojo Rawley has basically gone nowhere, vanished off of WWE basically. Matt Hardy didn't do much afterwards until he got injured. I have 3 ideas as to who could win the battle royal.
My pick: Either Mustafa Ali, EC3, or Andrade Cien Almas
Women's Battle Royal
This match didn't get as much attention as it should have last year due to it being required to change its original controversial name. I could say the same as Naomi won last year and there hasn't been much since. I think this is one where they want their winner to be one who makes a surprise return.
My pick: Ember Moon
Raw Tag Title Match: The Revival (c) vs Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder
Although all of us want to see Curt Hawkins end his losing streak, he and Ryder just can't be seen as champions....yet. I believe this one will likely be a match where there isn't a title change.
My pick: The Revival
SmackDown Tag Title Match: The Usos (c) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black vs The Bar vs Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev
As I said earlier, WrestleMania usually favors faces or superstars with unlikely faces. Vince basically killed Nakamura and Rusev's chances by handling their booking poorly. As much as I'd like to see either The Bar or The Usosto have the titles, I believe creative wants to take things in a new direction and not keep giving the titles back to the same teams when others deserve a chance. Aleister Black and Ricochet put on a good match at TakeOver that was also their last. If they had won that match, it would have been a giveaway to their fate at Wrestlemania 35. However, there still needs to be a payoff for them winning the Dusty Rhodes classic.
My pick: Aleister Black and Ricochet
WWE Women's Tag Title Match: Boss'N'Hug Connection (c) vs Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs Nia Jax and Tamina vs The IIconics
This is a hard one to decide, but I don't see The IIconics getting tag team gold just yet. While they certainly deserve a championship, they're not at that point of readiness just yet. Nia Jax and Tamina are gonna continue to be jobbed out, it happened at WrestleMania 33 to Nia. The other 3 teams will likely team up to take out Nia and Tamina before going to all-out war against the other teams. I think Natalya and Beth Phoenix offer up good star power and nostalgia enough that there could be one last run for the Glamazon.
My pick: Beth Phoenix and Natalya
Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre
The others in Broad Culture know how much I love the term "50-50 booking." In my opinion, this is exactly what it is. While Drew McIntyre deserves a title push and is absolutely wicked with the claymore kick, he's also been booked to be dominating Reigns up to their match at Mania. In addition, Roman just returned and people are loving him right now not just because he's an absolute warrior in real life, but because he's not being given a title push at this event or a main event spot as many fans didn't like Roman getting endless push after push.
My pick: Roman Reigns
Intercontinental Title Match: Bobby Lashley (c) vs The Demon King Finn Balor
Finn Balor confirmed the demon would be at Wrestlemania. I can't say much else.
My pick: Finn Balor
US Title Match: Samoa Joe (c) vs Rey Mysterio
It still remains to be seen if Rey will be able to compete due to legitimate injury, but I still feel a face will win this match. While Samoa Joe is great, I think they might have planned to give the title to Rey before he had suffered injury.
My pick: The person who stands in for Rey Mysterio, or Rey Mysterio himself
AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
To be honest, this is one of those matches that I don't show much interest in. AJ and Randy are both great competitors, but there is nothing here for them while this is still a non-stipulation match. While I usually would think this is a throwaway match for a face, WWE could trick us into thinking that.
My pick: Randy Orton
Falls Count Anywhere: Shane McMahon vs Miz
This was the feud we'd all been waiting for and I think we all know who's gonna win. This is one of the matches I hope goes great.
My pick: The Miz
Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin
This is the match that's gonna be a throwaway for a face. While it is sad that this will be Angle's last match, it's likely the match won't be much and possibly forgettable. However, I think they want to give a nice send away for the Olympian.
My pick: Kurt Angle
No Holds Barred, if Batista wins, Triple H must retire: Triple H vs Batista
Any match with this stipulation is a dead giveaway as to who will win. The best example of this is Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 24. I don't think I should have to explain my reasoning any further.
My pick: Batista
WWE Title Match: Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kofi Kingston
My lord I hate the eco-belt. It's likely that after WrestleMania, they will be unveiling a new major title design for the blue brand. While we have found some enjoyment in Daniel Bryan being a heel, it's finally time for you-know-who. Everybody has been gunning for Kofi for the longest time, that support manifesting itself largely at Elimination Chamber.
My pick: Kofi Kingston
Women's Title Match: Becky Lynch vs Charlotte (SmackDown c) vs Ronda Rousey (Raw c)
While we all have our support for the Man, this is likely gonna be another time where WWE wants to pull a big upset on us. As well, rumor has it that this match is the main event and has Charlotte is because of a behind-the-scenes deal that Vince McMahon and Ric Flair had made long ago.
My pick: Charlotte
Universal Title Match: Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar (c)
No one wants Brock as champion anymore. They basically say the same thing about him that they did about Roman during his forced pushes. Plus it would be a huge mistake if Brock were to retain....again. If he did, ratings would continue to plummet as we would have to sit through week after week, ppv after ppv, of a missing world title. Seth Rollins did not come this far to be fed to a roid machine as a piece of meat. I also think they're gonna have Seth and Roman winning their matches with Dean appearing one last time to give a final salute to The Shield.
My pick: Seth Rollins
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum