Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The_Dash_Ireland
The_Dash_Ireland
Admin

Dash's Top 5 Anime Empty Dash's Top 5 Anime

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:23 pm
5. Kill La Kill

I've fully watched/read few anime and manga series as I started getting more into it during October 2018. Kill La Kill was one of anime series I finished first. This series was certainly wild and would make me awkward at times. However, it had an amazing storyline that kept my interest invested. While it's not regarded as one of the best, it is still one of my favorite anime currently.

4. Death Note

I gotta be honest, I haven't completely watched the Death Note anime, but I have read all the manga. The manga was pretty good but I had many problems with the main character in contrast to what Jon thinks of Light Yagami. I know most anime follows closely to manga so I wouldn't be missing much. While regarded as the best anime by some, I don't think the same. As I mentioned before, there were some problems I had with Light Yagami and certain aspects of storyline, mostly those issues lie in the first half of the series. It's decent in my opinion, but doesn't pale to the top 3 on this list.

3. My Hero Academia

My Hero Academia was the first anime series I fully watched that Jon actually managed to get Hal and I into. It's a fun anime with some kickass storylines. What I really enjoy about MHA is that there is a broad range of characters and most of them are enjoyable (you're not, Mineta). While the series has a focus with Midoriya as the protagonist, other characters get moments to shine too, and that's how the fandom has come to widely love it. People love villains like stain, enjoy the wrath of Bakugou, Tokiyami and his Dark Shadow, the list goes on. There's really no character you can hate as the series has had a lot of good work put into it.

2. Assassination Classroom

Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good laugh. Assassination Classroom was recommended to me by one of my best friends and I laughed my ass off a lot while watching the series. As the series progresses, you come to love Korosensei even though you know that the students of Class 3-E will have to kill him in the end. Now, at the finale, the way he dies is not how you would expect and it leads to a gut punch. In the end, not only are characters like Nagisa and Karma are crying, but you are too and can't help it whatsoever. Reading some of the manga is quite enjoyable to. I placed this series at number 2 as it had much of my investment, gave me some good laughs, and managed to hit me in the feels.

1. AKIRA

Not many who watch anime today have heard of or watched Akira. Akira was the first ever anime I watched. It's a little difficult to understand it when you watch it as a kid, but you better understand it as years go by. Not only is the movie phenomenal, but the manga is pretty damn good. What makes the anime great is not just superb story, but the amazing animation. It was mostly hand drawn (the only part that wasn't was that computer effect showing Tetsuo's increasing power at the government test facility). This ranks at number 1 not just because of the fact that this was the first anime I ever watched, but because Akira revolutionized anime. Akira is what helped make anime what we know it as today. I've tried to get Jon and one of my cousins to watch it, but they won't budge. It is a really great anime/manga that I think people should watch/read.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum